Saturday, November 28, 2009

Running Water

A few nights ago, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I went to get a glass of water to take my old man out of shape, pills. I turned on the faucet and nothing. I check the bathroom, nothing. I knew it had not been cold enough to freeze any lines but wondered what the heck?
Since it was close to midnight i couldn't very well call a neighbor. I decided to go outside and look around. Down the street I could see lights from a truck, a back hoe and dump truck. I drove around the block to see a Water truck and men working on a line in the street. About 30 minutes later the water came back on.
Made me think how thankful I am to have the water work when I need it too. Most the world does not have this let alone the old man out of shape pills to make me live longer.

No comments: