Monday, November 8, 2010

UPDATE

Well, I went into surgery Nov 2, it took longer than the 3 hours they said but what did I care, I was asleep. I feel for Nat who had to wait and wait. Turns out the little bugger wasn't so little and also was in a very difficult spot. The surgeon said he had to go old school and stitch the "Tube" together by hand. they removed a piece a bit bigger than a quarter he said. Still waiting to hear on the pathological reports. Should get those any day now and then we can either plan more stuff or breath a bit easier.
The stay in the hospital was OK. I got out Saturday afternoon. Last time I spent a night in the hospital I think I was 10 and had my tonsils out.
I do appreciate a full night sleep. No one waking me up to see if I am alive, or pull blood or get my vitals. Not to mention the other noises. Coughing, crying, squeaky wheels on carts etc.
When I got home it was decided that I would sleep the first few nights in the basement. Boo is fighting a cold and possible the flu and the last thing I need is to get sick. Also the bed upstairs is rather high for my fat belly to get into and out of smoothly.
So I thought this would be great. I have my computer setup, DVDs picked to watch and lo and behold Nat goes out Sat afternoon and buys a 32" TV for the bed room. I may be stuck in the basement for awhile now....We also changed over Boo's crib into a toddler bed for her. She is so proud. Now on to potty training.
As I have sat or laid down or slowly walked around a noise filled hospital, I have thought a lot of all the blessings I have. My family and friends mean the world to me.
My family that came to visit was great. I even got a visit from the Bishopric of the Ward I am high councilor assigned to. They came just in case I needed the last rites and to smuggle in some Diet coke.
I really did not feel like eating anything. Once I got home my mother brought over a Carmel/Marshmallow shake. Then Nat cooked up some Walmart special pizza.
I got my hunger right back.
Things have been good. I get the staples out tomorrow and slowly start to work back into life.
The Doctor said I will not feel like my self till Christmas but that's ok, at least I will have many more Christmas's to enjoy than if I had not got checked. Lesson learned....get checked!!!!

No comments: