Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No real problems, really.

I work in a call center environment. I have 9 people who work for me here in the US, some are on the phones others doing other tasks. I have 5 people in Juarez as well as 18 more in India. The office where I work is in Sandy and in a building that has over 1000 call center employees on various contracts.
I worked for 10 years int he full call center world, I am grateful I do not do so now.
I say all this as a preface to the comments I will bring up now.
As I walk the halls at work or over hear my own employees I hear all sorts of stories. It seems that the younger cell phone ease generation thinks that if they are yelling on their cell phone no one else can hear what they are saying. I have over heard things ranging from, dead beat spouses refusing to pay their share, excuses why payments will be late, check in calls with the probation office, calls to Doctors, Dentists, Baby sitters, family members and even a judge.
Personal problems range from spouses under arrest, family being sick, kids not listening and on and on.
I am grateful that my problems pale in comparison to those I over hear. My wife loves and supports me and wants me to come home when I can. My kids are decent members of society.
My health and that of my family is basically good.
For all these blessings I am grateful.

No comments: