Friday, June 8, 2012

Did you say S*()&

I have been working up at the Church tearing apart a room where we had Emergency supplies and making it to be converted into a new Mothers room.


In demolishing a young man’s eagle project from years ago, (tearing out the shelves that were bolted into the cement wall) I scrapped my arm up pretty good. That night Boo noticed my scrapped up arm and the conversation went like this:

Boo: where did you do that at?

Me: Up at the Church tearing out shelves

Boo: Did you say shit!

Me: NO! Where did you learn that word?

Boo: From you daddy.

Talk about being instantly humbled. I do not remember ever swearing in front of her but I must of. I vaguely remember once out in the yard but then once is all it takes.

If my wonderful, 4 year old can pick that word and meaning up from just one or two times I wonder what else she picks up from me. I know I did not like the sound of that coming from her.

For a very sobering lesson, from a sweet 4 year old I am truly grateful



No comments: