Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

I love being with family! I love being a Dad and Papa.
Sunday I was able to sit by Nat and Boo at Church (doesn't happen all the time now) Able to see Boo go up to the front of the chapel full of energy and confidence and sing with the rest of the primary kids. Her smile down to me was the high light.
In High Priests group, at the very end the door opened and they said can the primary come in, in walks Boo and heads straight to me. Not many (only 2 others) in that room have young ones in Primary. She handed me a package of M&M's and a hug followed by a kiss. Priceless.
After Church we went over to my folks house and we saw the rest of the family including the other 3 kids and the grand kids. I love being a grandpa almost as much as being a dad. To have the grand kids smile at me and be happy to see us is great.
I am not one to want a lot of presents (no really I'm not) but I had a great day. I got a Church book I have wanted for months but have been too cheap to buy myself, got a mug that says Grandpa's prove that all hero's don't wear capes" (or something really close to that, and then I got a instant message with the following:
Patience that is unmatched and a heart larger than life. He lives his life in the service of others and knows no other way, supportive in all things even if he doesn't fully agree. A shoulder that is always there to lean on and advice that is given when asked for while making you choose your own destiny. He may not change the world but he has indeed changed and bettered mine he is my father he is my hero and true example…scott bradford
(I did not write this)

Doesn't get much better than all this. For having the privilege of being able to be called the most glorious name of Father...I am truly grateful.

No comments: