Friday, March 25, 2016

Oops our bad it’s Stage 3

So we just got done meeting with Nat’s Doctor for her follow-up from her surgery.

Turns out they got all the tumor (They think) but there was a pencil point of tumor on one of her Ovaries.

So this puts her automatically at Stage 3 Cancer and we are looking at doing Chemo and radiation treatment.

What a punch to my gut. Nat took it well, much better than I am.

She will be starting Chemo on April 13. Will have 6 rounds spaced 3 weeks apart followed up by 25 rounds of radiation daily (Well m-f) so she will finish Chemo end of July and radiation by middle of Sept.

NOT HOW I WANT TO SPEND MY SUMMER!

I am finding it hard to find the grateful in this news but know it is there.

I am grateful they caught the cancer and that it is treatable.

I am grateful that as the Doctor says “We take care of this now and you go on and live the rest of your life”

I am grateful for a job that has good insurance and will allow me to be flexible in my time in the office.

I am grateful I am not traveling like I used to.

I am mad this is even happening.

I am mad that my wife will lose her hair by her 42nd Birthday

But over all I am grateful beyond anything that We have a good team of experts to get us through this and that we have the rest of forever to be together.

 

No comments: