Thursday, April 14, 2016

Chemo round 1 Purple is not a good color on Nat

Well, Round 1 of chemo is now done. Not sure my heart can take this for 5 more times.

She got all hooked up and they started the chemo drug through the IV. Almost instantly she started having trouble breathing, her back was hurting and by the time I hollered at the nurse she was turning from red to blue to Purple.

As we started her treatment I saw 2-3 nurses around, once I hollered we had 6 appear out of nowhere and one carrying a bright orange tackle box labeled “Adverse reaction kit”

They quickly shoved me out of the way and got Nat breathing right and her color back.

They said this sometimes happens on the first treatment but not to this level.

They then started the dose again but slower and a nurse stood right there for quite a while.

I am not sure I breathed during any of this. I just sat there offering a quick prayer reminding God that he knows me best and no way am I able to raise Boo alone.

I can honestly say I have never been that scared in my life and hope the next 5 treatments are not the same.

Needless to say Nat came through the rest of the day like a champ.

You can be darned sure I will be reminding the nurse’s next round that this happened.

I spent the rest of the time pretending to look at my laptop but really watching Nats color and breathing.

If this is Chemo…oh well positive right?

I am grateful they handled this and Nat is ok.


This is right before the excitement started

No comments: