Sunday, December 30, 2007

Good Books

I heard someone once say that “Good books are like old friends. You need to drop in on them every once in awhile to see how they are doing.” I love reading. I am so grateful for a mother who showed me the value and joy of reading. “Where the Wild Things Are” is the first book I ever remember reading or being read (I passed that on to my kids as well). I started thinking about this since my lovely wife bought me 2 really nice wood bookshelves for Christmas. I have a lot of books, not near as many as I used to have, but I filled both bookcases. Some books I had no problem giving away, others I refuse to, they are like a part of me. Last year we had a huge yard sale and I had 30+ Church books out. A gentleman got all excited when he saw the books since his daughter loves to read and really enjoys that type of book, but since they are hard back and cost a bit, she has limited supply. I sold him the lot for 10 bucks. They were going to a good home after all and that was more important than money.

No comments: