Monday, April 14, 2008

Calm thinking wife

Well this morning we had quite the adventure. I lay in bed and about 7am I hear water outside. I thought great the Weber water(outside irrigation) has been turned on and I did not turn off the tap all the way. So I went out and the faucet right by the front of the house was leaking. I bent down to tighten the tap and the top blew off shooting high pressure water, dirt, and gunk right into my face. The geyser was higher than the house. I just panicked, all I could think of was it flooding the basement. So I ran out back to look for the shut off but it was buried in the thick pyrocantha (VEry prickly bushes 5 feet deep) bushes. I went into the house and did the only thing I could think of and called my good neighbor Russ. I then went out and put a wheel barrow over the geyser since the garbage can wasn't working. By now I am covered in ice cold water, dirt, and scratched all up from the bushes. I dug around but could not find the shut off. So I then dived in the geyser to undo the broken pipe and then tired to retread a new one all while the neighbors tired to help by laughing at me. Well just then the water guys drove up. My dear coll headed wife called around and found the guys on call. After alot of bush cutting and scratches and more dirt the geyser died. I then heard more water and looked next door to see my neighbors tap leaking like crazy. So another neighbor and I went and found their box and turned it off. My wife has never seen me without at least some idea on how to fix something...ok I admit I panicked some...
Thanks Nat you are the best.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Do Canadians panic? I'm glad things were all worked out well.