Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life time memories

I attended the funeral of a widow that lived a few doors down from us. She was a great lady. Our neighborhood has a lot of older people in it. Over the past few years we have had some of them die. It is always amazing to me as I sit there listening to their life story and all that they have done. War stories, accomplishments, funny times. It makes me grateful to have known these great people. It also makes me wonder what things will be said about me. I haven’t done the amazing things others seem to have done. I guess all that really matters is that they can honestly say,
“He fulfilled his Church callings. He loved the Savior. His family knew that he loved them. His wife knew he didn’t deserve her, and he was a grateful to have the friends he did.”

No comments: