Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother


Mothers…I have to admit that I am very grateful for my mother and my grandmother. My sense of humor comes directly from them.(They were not as twisted or sarcastic as me but…)
My love of music, reading, and Broadway also comes from them.
As I grew up I never remember a time that music was not in the house. My mom played show tunes, Ray Coniff among others. My grandmother played the organ by ear and was amazing.
My mom hated going camping/fishing with my dad every summer but she went and took several books to read. She made it possible for me to not get in trouble for sitting by the lake, ignoring my fishing pole and being deeply immersed in a book.

I guess I am what I am due in part to a mother that was at home and took time to get involved.
For that I am grateful

No comments: