Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our Birth Mother

Yesterday was our birth mothers birth day. I have to say how grateful I am for her and the courage and unselfish love she has to place Maggie with us. Maggie is the best thing to happen to Nat and I and without our wonderful Birth Mother we would not have the joy we do.
Birth mothers all over are special. They demonstrate the most unselfish act of love by making the miracles happen that only they can.
I heard it said before that a birth mother has basically 3 choices.
1. They could have an abortion. Then the baby would not be around at all.
2. They could decide to parent. (Most often in a one parent home) and hope that the baby would have the life and chances of success it would otherwise. Knowing that they will show the baby love and support.
3. Place the child in a 2 parent loving home to be raised by a loving family that might be able to offer the child better chances of success.

So today and everyday I am grateful for our families super hero, our birth mother. We hope and pray for your happiness and success. A day does not go by that I do not say thank you in my heart for all you have done.

No comments: