Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

This past weekend was a good one. I always enjoy the 4th. I am also very grateful for those that went ahead and have made the 4th possible. We have a few neighbors that served in WWII (as well as my dad) I look up to these men soooo much. Some can talk openly about most of what they went through some can not talk at all and I respect that.
I am also very proud of my neighbors that serve now.
Because of them I am allowed to write this blog as well as celebrate the 4th. Not to mention believe and practice my religion and exercise my other freedoms.


What The Flag Means To Me(written 9-12-01)
The red is the blood of too many people who have given their lives

to provide us the right to fly, or burn it.

It is also the blood of the many innocent lives lost,

simply because they were Americans.

The white is the hopes and dreams

of the families of those who have died,

that their sacrifice was not in vain and meant something.

The blue is the promise of each new generation,

that they will leave the world a better place than their parents did.

It also is the many tears shed among all classes of people,

hoping for this better life.

The stars represent the heavenly guidance

our leaders receive from above,

starting with our founding fathers down

to the present day administration.

(this is given even if they don't deserve it themselves)

What does the flag mean to me?

It's hard to put into words,

but as I stand with hand

over heart and sing

the last words of, "...and the home of the brave."

a tear comes to my eye, and my heart beats a little stronger.

This flag is my heritage
from my father and his father,

and what I leave to my children.

Long may it wave

No comments: