Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My own "Sacred Grove"

A good definition for a “sacred grove” is basically the place where the Lord can communicate with you.
I am grateful that I have such a spot. It is not out in the woods, it usually isn’t quiet and it defiantly isn’t still and peaceful all the time but it works for me.
Years ago when the boys were younger and I had to drive to pick them up every other weekend I had 30 minutes in the car alone as I went to get them or on returning from dropping them off at their mom’s. This started my own scared grove. I loved the time I had with the boys as we drove. Often on my way home after a wonderful weekend with them I would be in tears. That is when I started to have the best talks with the boss upstairs. Often it was prompted by what I had playing for music but it was quiet, peaceful and very humbling. Now that the boys are driving and I have no reason to have to drive them I still have the moments in my car. Just last night as I drove the 30 minutes to get home I had a nice talk and got insight into some poems I think will be great. (at least to me) I have received ideas on how to do my monthly high council talks in Church or how to reach the kids or how to make my wife feel more appreciated and try to make her day to day better and easier.

No comments: