Monday, August 4, 2008

Sleeping at Camp

This year at camp Nat and Maggie stayed in a cabin a bit away while the boys and I stayed at camp. Being lazy we decided not to set up the big tent so Cody slept in his car and Randy and I slept in Hammocks he had brought home from the West Indies. I must admit my family (yes everyone) thought we were nuts. This first night was OK, the second better. We draped a trap over each one to help keep in heat and the rain out. Yes it rained a little on the second night. It was awesome to lay there the first night as clear as anything and to look up at the stars. It was so humbling to think about it all. I am grateful for the hammock as well as my sons encouraging me to do it. (of course when I mentioned I might go to the cabin my dad called me chicken so that helped.) Maggie loved the hammock in the afternoon. Of course we didn't leve her there alone but as the wind blew the trees and rocked her she did well.

No comments: