Saturday, August 16, 2008

Stupid but blessed

Ok so here I sit typing with one hand. Let me explain...we had a large group of wasps who decided to start to build a nest right outside our side door and next to the rain gutter. I got some spray...the foaming kind that should kill instantly and encases the nest.
I went out to spray, the foam look so good as it covered the nest. Then I saw a wasp come flying out of the foam and I thought "Oh crap, it doesn't work" and I started to back petal and tripped falling backward. I hit the cement on my butt and then my wrist.
The good news...I don't think I broke it, but it sure started to and swell up.
So I ran to the hose on the lawn to get cool water on it.(ok I waddled cuz my butt hurts like crazy) I then came in and pulled out the first aid kit and wrapped it up then iced it and rigged a sling.
Tomorrow is Stake Conference so I get to sit on the stand wrapped up. fun oh fun
but I am grateful that I did not break it or worse...crack my butt.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Poor Scottie, but what a sight to see. So did the wasp thing get taken care of then, or was your pain all for nothing?