Saturday, February 7, 2009

Broadway on DVD


Here I sit having a great time watching and listening to a new DVD I picked up from Redbox.
The Broadway version of RENT!. Before it closed they filmed a couple of the last shows and put together the stage performance. We saw this when the first touring show came to Salt Lake. Then saw the movie on opening day. We have the cd’s from Broadway as well as the movie version and the DVD of the Movie. Guess we are sort of rentheads.
I love this show! I am so grateful that they filmed the stage version. I know that live. theater means something special and some feel that by filming it you lose something. I agree but also want more filmed. I always wanted to see it on Broadway but we have not made it to New York yet. Also this is a way I can share it with my kids etc that will never get the chance to see it now that it has closed.
I also loved the DVD of Joseph. (Donny Osmond is the one and true Joseph for sure)
I wish they would film several other stage versions:
Scarlet Pimpernel
Adia
Civil War
Les Mis (Boy I wish they would do this one) They did the 10th anniversary concert, but it is not the same as the full show)

No comments: