Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thoughtful Strangers

Friday afternoon my father, who is not as young as he used to be nor does he have the strength he used to have, went for a walk around the pond down by the dump. He slipped and fell in the mud face first. His glasses cut his face pretty bad. He did not have the strength to get up so he laid there till a lady that was walking saw him and helped to roll him out of the mud. She then got another couple who were in the parking lot to come help get my dad up, into his truck then they drove him home where he called my mom and she called me to come see if he needed stitches. (He did so she took him to the docs)
So I am very grateful for complete strangers who are willing to help a old man stuck face first in the mud
As well as being grateful for the time I have left with my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that does not sound good. I hope he is ok.