Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blessings (thank Goodness)

I have avoided writing this post since I debated with myself if I should or not. But the purpose of this blog is to state what I am grateful for and this is a biggy.

For the past 6 weeks work has been hinting that lay off's were coming. My boss hinted strongly that it could invole my unit. I didn't worry too much since my client pays extra to have me and my people 100% dedicated to them.
Well, a couple of weeks ago he really hinted that it could hit. I prayed etc.
The dreadful rumored day a Friday, came and went and my unit was spared.
Then the next Wednesday (last week) I was pulled in and advised that I would be let go at the end of the month.
I calmly asked if they had informed my client which they had not.
I asked what was expected of me between now and then.
I then said OK and came back to my office, shut the door, knelt down and had a long talk. I pleaded that if possible that He would soften the heart of my Senior VP just as He had Pharaoh and allow me to keep my job. Nat deserves to be a stay at home mom and Boo deserves to have her there. Not that I would put Nat to work at once but this job makes it easy for us to have only me work. We are so lucky to have it and for me to have moved up where I am.
A few hours later I was ready to leave for the day since I did not want to stick around. After all I had to go home and advise Nat that we were about to be unemployed at the end of the month.
I went down to tell my boss I was leaving.
My boss said to wait a bit longer since he had told my client the news and my client went through the roof, demanding a call be set up with the Senior VP who is over my unit.
I went back to my office and repeated the process I had done earlier.
My boss came down to my office about 45 minutes later to advise me that I was rehired. I guess that call was explosive, from what I was told.
Of course I thanked him, picked up the phone and called my client to thank him and then shut the door and thanked He who can work miracles, from parting the red sea to letting someone sitting in New Jersey get mad enough, and scream loud enough, to soften the heart of a Senior VP sitting in Dallas, that allows my 3 year old to have a mom 100% at home with her.
For this special, individual attention from a very busy Father, I am very grateful

No comments: