Thursday, December 1, 2011

Safe Place to Sleep

Early this morning the winds hit. About 3am I heard them start and they just barley seemed to let up now at 11 am.
Fortunately we knew it was coming so we brought in the Christmas decorations and I made sure the carport was of.
As of this morning we had our garbage can blow over, the leaves that were picked up have come back it seems, a few items blew off the shelves in the carport, but everything else looks OK.
I had hoped part of the roof would go so we could call insurance and get a new one but so far it is holding.
My parents lost power and had their swing tip over as well as a few shingles. (I will head over this afternoon to look)
I was worried watching some of the very tall trees in the neighbors yard but they seem to bend with the winds and snap back OK.

So today I am grateful for power that lets me work from home when I need to.
A warm safe house that protects my family from the cold wind.
And that we and my family have made it through without any great trouble or damage.

No comments: