Sunday, January 22, 2017

Plumbing and blessings,

Today in our Sunday School class (13 year olds) we talked about items we just take for granted.
We brought up what would happen if you went home and the power was out, no big deal to these kids.
What if the heat was out, again not a big deal.
I then asked "What would happen if you went home and your parents informed you that there was a plumbing problem and you would be without a bathroom for the next week.
The girls gave me looks of utter disgust as they said it would be gross. Some of the boys said we would just break out our port a potty bucket that is in our food storage.
I then asked what would you do with the things that went into the bucket, their response was quick Dig a hole and bury it.
Well I am glad for plumbing. Several years ago in the middle of Jab our main sewer line had to be repaired and it took several days from start to finish where we had no plumbing. Nat and Boo went to stay with her mom but I had to stick around while the workers were here early and late so I spent the nights with our port a potty 5 gallon bucket. NO FUN!!!
I was also grateful at this time that I had keys to the Church near by so if really needed to I went up there to go to the bathroom...
Small and simple things we tend to take for granted...

No comments: