Sunday, January 8, 2017

Simple Things like heat!

I think I need to restart this adventure.
Maybe in the near future I will update everything that we went through in 2016 but not today. Let me just say that my wife was diagnosed with Cancer in her Uterus last Feb and we spent the year helping her get better. From Stage 3 cancer up to recovery where we are now. I had a lot of gratefulness thrust upon me during the past year and I will share it as time goes on. She is well and her hair is coming back extra curly...
As for today, this past week I think the highs for a temp has been in the 20's and teens. A few days it was single digits for the high here in Utah. We got 12inches of snow on Christmas eve, then 3 more inches on New Years then this past week another 12 inches. We have ran out of places to pile the snow, But I am grateful for the gas company that keeps gas running to my house so my furnace can work and give us a bit of warmth. For a house that has not sprung a leak yet (Guess I better wait until thaw comes it could just be frozen over) For sweaters that help take a bit of the chill in the house away (Yup we are not only cheap but live in a house that is not the most energy efficient)
For a micro wave that will heat up a bag of corn that we were given for Christmas that keeps my feet warm all night.
For a pesky 8 year old that demands we snuggle each night as she falls asleep.\
For a healthy wife that tells me that she loves me but hates the ice forming on the outside of the house, I feel like I should do something but know that too must wait until spring thaw.
I now relate to the brothers in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers when the canyon was blocked in till spring thaw...also I now believe House Stark...Winter is coming, in fact it is here and it is a cold friend.


 

No comments: