Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chemo Round 4

Well today was not the best. It started out by Nat and I staying up till 2:30 talking about her worries and concerns.
She announced to me that she was done with Chemo. I said don’t think it works that way.
She was just tired of it all and was not looking forward to the morning.
It started off as usual of us going to get Nat’s blood drawn. It seemed to be taking quite a long time and they had pulled the curtain to the area so me sitting across the hall could only hear what was going on.

I had a lady sit next to me acting really nervous, she said it was her first time there and she was worried.I told her they were great and there was nothing to worry about.
Just then Nat came out from the curtain with her arm bandaged in 3 different places.
Without thinking I blurted out “What the hell did they do to you?”
The lady next to me moaned and got worried all over again.
I then told her no really they are good here and not to worry.
Turns out they had trouble hitting a vein just like Nat had been afraid of earlier that morning.
We then went into the room to talk to the Chemo team.
Now when I say team it is moving parts. Nat has the same main Dr and Nurse but since this is a teaching hospital we first get to meet with an intern or fellow then with the main Dr and the intern then they leave and the Nurse wraps everything else up and makes sure we are good.
I love our nurse, she is so caring and so concerned with us.
Once Nat said she was a bit tired of all this the Nurse asked if we wanted to talk to a social worker.
Well the rest of the treatment was good.
Nat is asleep on the couch and not feeling her usual self tonight.

I know I will be up sneaking a check on her but so grateful she is in my life and is my best friend.

No comments: