Saturday, November 4, 2017

November-Start of so many things

Well I must say I have been ashamed that I have forgotten about this blog, or so it would seem but that's not quite true. I think about it a lot and why I started it...ALOT! So I am trying to do better.
November is the start of a lot things in my life:

NANOWRIMO is November.
 The National Writing Month. Where people all over the country try to pound out a 50,000 word rough draft of a book in 30 days
I have always said I want to write and at times I do it, and enjoy the results. For the past 5 years I have signed up for this and then fell short.
But this year I will do it....truth be told I am behind since I haven't got a good start. Today perfect example, Nat and Boo are away at some all day pinners conference and I had hoped to run a few errands then buckle down to write.
Went to the gas station only to have my car not start, after a jump still no go, so I think it might be the starter motor. A nice guy and his 2 kids tried to help me but no go. So they gave me a ride to my moms where she in turn gave me a ride home. I will go back and try to figure it out once Nat gets home.
So I was going to write but made the mistake of turning on the TV to see what Christmas show was on Hallmark channel and I got sucked into a Christmas movie about a writer of all things.
Then thought I can't write without my diet Coke but no car...So I walked up to the gas station (Not where my car was) to get a drink, came home, turned on Christmas music and thought to start to write.
But here I am writing this instead of my story. I am grateful for the guy and his 2 toddlers, who tried to help me and I am grateful for the Hallmark movie since it made me cry and feel good and hopeful for Christmas magic. There is greatness in the world still and sometimes I forget that.

November is National Adoption Month
If you know us then you know how Adoption has touched our lives and how much fuller and more complete we feel with Boo in our family. So grateful for her birth mom. A day doesn't go by without me thinking of that miracle almost 10 years ago.

Christmas music
Now I must confess that I have some Christmas music on my phone that I play all year.
I also load my play lists Oct 1 to start listening in my car and such, But come Nov 1 more people seem to be on board with it.

Leafs
We have a few large trees in our yard as well as the neighbors. I love the shade in the summer and watching the leaves change color. I hate raking leafs. But I am grateful for the reminder the hours and hours I spend doing it that I need to get in shape and stop just donating my month gym membership I pay. It also reminds me that my yearly physical is coming up and I know what the dear Doctor is going to say...."You know Scott, if you would drop a quite a few pounds your entire life will change...Heck you might even have a longer life thanks to it. You going to do it this time?" I love my Doctor...

My wife
I have the privilege of having a wife that has several sides to her. My 2 favorite are:
Her Disney Persona- she just glows and seems extra happy when we are at Disneyland or talking about going or talking about our memories of having gone. I love this side of her.
I also love the glow she gets when it comes to the holidays. Her concern for making sure everyone is happy and the thought she puts into each and every gift selection, while I know it frustrates her it makes me appreciate her and the person she is all that much more

Insurance
November is the time we look at the insurance options at work.
With Nat's Cancer and all her treatments from last year I am grateful for Insurance. Every time we drive up to Huntsman Center for her followup appointments and tests, I am amazed at all they do and so glad I don't have to worry about footing the bill all by myself.

Family
We get together with Family a lot in Nov it seems. It starts on Halloween and keeps going. While my family and my in laws some times drive me nuts I am glad I am part of each. I am so grateful for Boo having cousins so close to her.
So grateful for my kids and grandkids as well.

Christmas
November is the opening act to December which I love. Not looking forward to my birthday since I try to forget how old I am going to be. If you want to know ask Boo, she tells everybody she sees. Friend and stranger alike...I think she thinks it's funny.
But I do like the spirit I feel in our home in December, as well as out in public.

Goals
Since November seems to be a time to be thankful and grateful for things I have set the goal to be more active on here. Doesn't mater if no one but me reads it, it at least has been said (as long as I write it)

What are you thankful for?
What little day to day things are around you that you take for granted or forget but know deep down you are grateful for them?
In the coming days I will share some of my crazy ones...let me hear yours.

No comments: