Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daylight Savings???

Ok so I am grateful for the idea of having more daylight after work to get things done in the yard etc, but just how does this whole headache. We really don't "save" any daylight now do we.
I mean all it really means is that it is dark when you go to work rather than getting darker faster.
How in the world did this ever get started anyway? I heard rumor it was for the farmers...all the farmers I ever met never cared what time the clock said, they got up at the crack of dawn and worked as long as they could see.
Someone said the Doctors wanting to play golf more...well that would not be a surpise.
Some say so retail shops get more business...well, my wife doesn't care if the sun is shining or not, if she wants to go shopping she does.
And now they changed te time to help save energy...That doesn't make sense. I just have to have the lights on earlier as I get ready to go to work etc.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So are you grateful for it???