Sunday, October 5, 2008

Windshield Wipers

I love this time of year! Yesterday we had our first fall rainstorm. The kind that carries with it a brisk coldness. It usually starts first of Oct then continues until snow comes. As we were driving yesterday and the rain was not steady but poured down then let up then poured down. I was grateful for good windshield wipers. Think about it…how would you drive without them. I have had to do that twice in my life. Once on my mission in Australia the guy we were riding with had no wipers. As the rain started to come he rolled down the window and stuck his head out to see, (without slowly down at all I might add.) My fears were soon forgotten on wipers when I noticed that under his mat in the back seat there was a huge hole that the water started rising through.
The next time I was in my tin can of a car, the Geo Metro. (I always thought there was more metal in a pop can than on that car.) The wiper didn’t really stop working…when a heavy rain came up I turned on the wipers and after a few minutes on high, was shocked to see the drivers side wiper go flying off the wiper arm! I could not see…so I rolled down the side window and stuck my head out…I always knew that kid was dumber than dirt…that did not work, I simple pulled over and waited.
So I am glad for wipers! (As well as the rain)

No comments: