Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference and a Great Stake President

I love conference weekend! Twice a year we get to listen to the leaders of the Church and the messages they have.
I must admit that I always listen closer than most to the Saturday Afternoon session during the business. I have in the back of my head a few names that I expect to hear being put into Church Callings. Well, yesterday one of those names happened. Our Stake President was sustained as part of the new Sunday School Presidency. He is not only a good man but I call him a friend. We got closer to him while I was serving in the 2 Bishoprics I did. He also was involved in the Adoption circles we helped out in. Then when I was called over a year ago to be on the High Council we would talk each week. He also just happens to be our Lawyer who finalized our adoption.
So today I am grateful that I have had the chance to learn from David McConkie and know he will do well no matter what the Lord calls him to do.

No comments: