Friday, February 12, 2010

Simple things

Today is a long day already(sometimes Fridays are like that at 10:00 am). But I am still grateful for small things.
No traffic this morning,
rain instead of snow,
I have a job I have to go to,
I had hoped for a 3 day weekend but now have to come in Monday for a few hours,
I have a job I have to go to,
All my people showed up for work,
not having to really worry about Valentines day since we don't do it really, but then I think we might this year so guess I should be worrying on what to get my wife,
waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep but I had several NCIS episodes on my DVR,
small in the ear Headphones so when I did go back to bed I could listen to music without waking up Nat,
The hug I got from Boo this morning as I moved her into bed with Nat as I woke her getting ready for work,
Sunny skies as I looked outside,(for a small moment but I did see the sun)
my laptop playing episodes of Highlander in the background as I work on reports (and this entry...break time???).

All in all while it is another normal day I still need to be grateful.

No comments: