Friday, May 27, 2011

Guess I need the blessings

I have had quite a few callings in my Church life. Some I have enjoyed more than others.
None have been more interesting than High Council PFR (Physical Facilities Rep) Basically I am in charge of what goes on and wrong in the Church Buildings.
I have been doing this for 3 1/2 years and each week it is something different. Just the past few eeks the following delights have happened. I have tired to use the same language as I got the call
-It's too cold in the Relief Society room sisters are going home
-It's too hot in the Chapel, made a toddler throw up
-Someone attacked the back of the scout room door with a sharp object and tore it up
-I think I saw a cockroach
-Can I borrow 50 chairs and some tables to use at my works party
-It seems that the men's room on the north side has clogged up and flooded all over the floor.

This last one came last night at 10:10pm. From the lock up guy. I try to take care of all of these. Even last night where I went up to discover that the caller had failed to mention what had clogged the toilet and was also on the floor from flooding over. (I will not say more but imagine the worst and add 10% more)

I enjoy this calling and I do need the blessings that come from it.
(I also am over the Primary and assigned the 6th Ward that I also enjoy)
I have been told that I am over the usual time to serve but that I will not be in forever but it wont be anytime soon...for that I am grateful since I need the blessing.

Just a end note...just got a call-- The other men's room is now cogged up. 
(Joy oh joy)

No comments: