Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yearly Visit to Dr Gamble

I had my yearly visit with my Dr today.
I have been going to Dr Gamble for at least 10 years. Every year it is the same talk of low salt, low stress, need to lose weight, Weight watchers really works.
Every year (except last year due to my upcoming surgery) I leave with my prescriptions renewed and advise to basically lose weight.
I am glad that I go yearly, and am grateful that he is so good with me.
A yearly physical has taken on new meaning over the last 5 years and really over the past year.
I am grateful to be able to know that I am healthy, if not a bit too fat, but still things are working well.
Several months ago a friend my same age died of a massive Heart attack, he was fit we all thought. Stressed out but fit.
This past weekend a guy I work with in New Jersey had a heart attack, he came home from the hospital today. He is 35 and I thought pretty fit.
So grateful for whatever help I can get to ensure that I get to see Boo grow, married and with a family of her own.  As well as my other kids and my grandkids. As John Denver used to say"turns me on to think of growing old." Yes I know that means I have to lose weight...I will...really...stop laughing!

No comments: