Monday, October 31, 2011

A Sticker to remind me

Yesterday afternoon Nat was taking a nap. I planned on taking a nap along with Boo. Problem was, Boo did not want to do a nap so we stayed up and played, watched TV then I went out in the front room to read my conference talks I had printed out. After a short while Boo came over, climbed in my lap, looked at what I was doing and just stayed there for a minute. She then reached over and stuck a sticker in the middle of the page. I got upset and told her not to do that. It was not nice. As I gently pulled the sticker off the printed page. She then got off my lap, hung her head, stuck out her bottom lip, dropped her shoulders and walk slowly out of the room as only a drama filled 3 year old can.

I was right in scolding her but still felt bad. After all I am the good cop my wife tells me. After a few minutes I heard her in her room reading so I went in. She looked up at me and said "Get out of my room please". So I kissed her, said I love you and left. I then came back a read for about 15 minutes before she came out to play, which I did.

This morning I picked up my conference book , put it in my backpack and left to work. As I pulled it out of my backpack a few minutes ago I noticed the sticker stuck on the back cover. The image of yesterday replayed in my head along with the thought. " You sure are lucky God shows more patience with you and your bone head moves"
The sticker is still there and I see it as a badge of learning...

No comments: