Monday, January 19, 2009

Floating Holiday Pay

I get to stay home today since my client is giving their office the days off and I in turn told my team in Sandy that the office would be closed and they could use vacation, no pay or the floating holiday pay the company offers. Basically we get the major holidays off PLUS 4 more days paid as floating holidays. As a manager I would much rather have the team use the extra days at my choosing instead of on off the wall days when I have to figure out phone and work coverage.
Also, I am happy to have a three day weekend. I have not done the projects I wanted to do on Friday but I will finish the most important ones.

It is also worthy to note that this holiday is important. Human rights and the miracles that Dr. King started during his life are what has paved the way for tomorrow. (Literally)

No comments: