Friday, January 23, 2009

Strong Memories from Childhood


I have several strong memories from childhood hooked in with TV. I remember watching the “Wizard of Oz” every year. Charlie Brown and the most memorable was Walt Disney World of color.
There were several movies from Disney that even though I saw them only once stayed with me. Greyfriar's Bobby, Swamp Fox, Zorro and the most memorable was “The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh”
This came out on Disney when I was about 6-7 as I do the math , yet I still could remember the feeling I got from the movie. I never could recall scenes, except for the Scarecrow mask and his laugh. What I remember most from these shows was that one normal person stood up for something, being a hero and changed people’s lives. I still love that type of story. (Robin Hood, Scarlett Pimpernel)
Recently Disney released the Scarecrow shows on a special DVD. My brother got it and was nice enough to loan it to me. I still love this show and the laugh and mask still gives me the creeps….

No comments: