Friday, January 2, 2009

What a great year!

I have spent the last few days thinking over the last 12 months...so much has happened in my life and I am so grateful for everything that has happened to us. Below is a quick review:
  • Cody moved to Denver for work and some excitement (Jan)
  • After 3 years and 2 Bishoprics I was released and called to the High Council(Jan)
  • Maggie came into our lives and changed us forever(Feb)
  • Cody moved back from Denver to be by family (Mar)
  • My job was secure enough that Natlaie could quit work and be a stay at home mom with Maggie.
  • We had the adoption finalized. (Aug)
  • We went to the temple and became a forever family(Sept)
  • Maggie had her first visit to Disneyland (Sept)
  • The holidays had a whole new sparkle to them since we had Maggie as part of them

As you can see most of the changes are around Maggie. That is what happens when a baby comes into your life.

I am excited about 2009, we have a lot of changes coming then too.

  • I will become a grandpa (I might add a very young grandpa)
  • We will be putting our papers back into the adoption world again. (Hope it doesn't take 3 years again)
  • I have a few trips to New Jersey again as well as 2 trips to India that I have mixed feelings about (But still thankful for a good secure job)
  • The whole in law clan is going to Disney World. Last time was 1999!
  • A whole lot of first for Maggie await.

Of course there are a lot of things I will not miss from 2008 but that is another post.

No comments: