Friday, March 5, 2010

About last night...

The following was written on my netbook last night
So here I sit at the Stake house watching grown men act like fools as they play basketball.

Church ball is a sport unto itself...I do not choose to be here for 3 hours, but as part of the high council it is my turn to sit here in suit and tie.

We have 4 games tonight. Game 2 is almost over. Each game started with a prayer where it was asked that they all play nice, and to remember it is only a game. In watching the games it is apparent that some people forgot to listen to the prayer. It amazes me that these guys take this so seriously. Yelling, almost swearing, groans, pained faces, fouls galore yet they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Game 2 ended with a player kicking the ball as hard as he could the length of the gym, almost hitting a light.

Game 3 the prayer was said and it was asked that the scorers could score the game correctly...I didn't say amen.

Game 4 is finally underway and i am grateful this night is almost over.

I am grateful I only have to do this one night. (Maybe next sport assignment will be watching the Chess playoffs.)

1 comment:

WendyJayne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.