Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a day (but still grateful)

Yesterday I decided to skip out of work a bit eraly to get home to my lovely wife and very active 2 yr old. As I walked by the window I noticed that it was raining. I was glad I had an umbrella in the office.
I went out to the car and noticed that my front tire was quite low. I drove to the gas station, got coins (who ever herd of having to pay for air...com on that is nuts!)
Well the tire let the air out as fast as i put it in. (Took $1.50 for me to figure it out, can you say dduuuhhhh)
So I put on the spare, all while it was raining. Drove 100 feet and the spare went flat! I limped into a parking lot, called Nat and advised her I would be even later. She was so nice to suggest that she come rescue me...so about 30 minutes later Nat and Boo show up. We take the tire to Walmart and of course it is too far gone to just patch so I bought a new tire,(which means I will have to buy another oner to match or the car wont drive quite right)
Of course it stopped raining as soon as I got in Nats car.
We decided that since we were out to go to eat, still no rain. As soon as I started to drive down 90th here comes the rain.
I take off the spare and put on the good tire, while getting wet, then I hear a tear and notice a cold breeze in my private area and look down to see a big rip in my slacks.
So what do I have to be grateful for:
That it was rain and not snow or freezing rain.
My wife is so wonderful to come rescue me
I wore my old shoes
I decided not to wear my new slacks we just bought
The flat was not on the freeway
I have a job to get a flat at
Walmart has sort of inexpensive tires
My car now handles a bit better
That my 2yr old laughed at my misfortune...

And that I know how to change a tire.(without alot of cuss words. Oh some did happen but not alot)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.