Friday, March 5, 2010

Unruly 12 yr olds to wild teens to great men!

Today I was invited to lunch with a great group of guys. 5 men who served missions together in England 27 years ago. A recently returned missionary from that same mission He came home 2 weeks ago)As well as another recently returned missionary from Indonesia. (It was great to listen to the other guys bombard the recently returned Elder with questions on people and areas etc)
The 2 recently returned missionaries are 2 that I have known since they were 12. I was able to see them grow from unruly young men into know it all 19 year olds and then see them very humbled men that have matured.
I was invited even though my mission was to Australia, were England sent it's outcasts, debtors, prisoners. Still I know great fish and chips. Which is what we had.
Thanks Jerry for the invite and Nick and Zack you guys are great men and I am sooooo grateful that I know you.

No comments: