Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Office...sort of

About 4 months ago my boss told me that he wanted me to move my team from our room where we were all by ourselves down to a large group room where the rest of his direct reports and their reports were. I put him off a long time. He kept at it saying that it would make it so he could stop by my office any time and see how things were going etc.
Well, I moved my office down and found not the connections needed for my people were not there so I am here by myself while my people are on the other side of the building. I have been here a month and this morning was the first time my boss stopped by. I think he was just walking by and saw me. Guess I should be grateful it has only been once...But, a move is good to help clean out junk that has collected over years at the same desk. It makes you re-evaluate what you have and look at how you do your work. Now I just need to get my people down here so I don't have to walk back and forth as much.

No comments: