Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grass Roots...

I attended my Republican caucus last night. First time! I was impressed with the overall turn out. The school gym was overfilled with people, a lot like me there for the first time. In fact some of the old timers seemed a bit put out that so many people had shown up. After the initial meeting we broke up into our precincts. Last year mine had 11 people there (they said) this year we had 44. Many I recognized from Church duties.
We were an easy going punch and got through the items need quicker than those around us. We really didn’t have anyone come with their own prepared agenda like I saw in other groups. (People actually had written speeches ready as they tired to get the vote to be the delegate to the State convention.
It was interesting to see how people were not jumping up really wanting to be the new Chair or vice chair or the other officers. They really didn’t get too excited on the county delegate but really wanted to be the one person to go to the state convention…all in all I am grateful to say I was part of the fundamental process

No comments: