Saturday, January 22, 2011

Early Morning Hours

I am happy to report that for the past few weeks I have been able to make myself roll out of bed at 5:30-6 each morning as I wake up. No alarm I just wake up. I said at the start of the year that I wanted to get some personal study time in and with a very active, almost 3 year old, early morning seems the best time.
Boo is like her mother and is a night owl so my evenings are spent in getting her to bed then once that is done I go to bed.
I have been able to spend some time with a few good books.
I have also started to try to make my reading mean something. So often I have read a good Church book and learned something only to forget where I heard it etc.
So each Sunday afternoon I take the books I have been reading from and update a word document I have called. "Thoughts I've Read"
These are sorted by subject and I add what I have underlined in the book or written in my notes from talks I have herd to the correct subject.
It is my hope that has this grows I can have a ready resource of sayings for talks, lessons etc.
I am grateful for the night time rituals of getting Boo to bed, but I am also grateful for the still quiet of the morning where it is me and a good book.

No comments: