Sunday, April 3, 2011

Goals Update

At work each "quarter" (every 3 months) I get to review my work and how I was able to meet or not meet the goals I set.

Well I thought I would do that for my personal stuff as well.
I set the following goals
1. Read more
2. Get up early study more
3. Lose some weight
4. Make my study stay more.

I have others but no need to talk about them here. So how have I done?
1. So far I have read (some listen to on my ipod) 29 books since January 1st. Go to my reading blog to see a list and review of each one if you are interested. http://scottiesbooks.blogspot.com/

2. I can honestly say that most days I am up at 6-6:30 and doing reading/study.  I start with a thought of the day, then read a section out of Preach my gospel, then a section from the new Handbook. Then some time in my Book of Mormon. I then try to read a chapter in my latest read. I then wake Nat up before I go to work for Family Scripture study. If I miss this I really feel it the rest of the day.

3. Lose some weight...well I can happily report that I have and am on the way to lose a lot more. One side note. Nat lost more than me and I am so proud of her.
Pictures to come shortly

4. Out of the 29 books 22 (19 books and 2 on CD) have been LDS "Church" Books. I sit with my highlighter and pen and mark as I read. Once the book is done I will go through it and take all that i have highlighted and marked and put it into a document I call "Thoughts I've read." So far I have 32 typed pages of thoughts that cover 75 topics.

This is a selfish post since I am sure you don't really care but it helps me to be more accountable for my goals.
For that indulgence I am grateful

No comments: