Saturday, April 16, 2011

Up in the Sky!!!

I had planned to work in the yard today and finish some of what I started yesterday. (Mowing, spraying, weeding maybe chopping up some bushes.)
I was hanging out with Boo this morning since Nat had a meeting. We fixed the jogging stroller, picked up sticks, played on the swing set, then Mom got home and we got ready to run to the store.
Just as we were getting ready to walk out the door the phone rings, it's my brother seeing if I could give him a hand at my parents on a project he was doing.
I changed and we went over.
He was ripping down the siding at the top of the garage and replacing them with nice new will not rot plastic type boards.
I went up the ladder to rip off the old rotted wood. The first one came easy (except when it was too easy and smacked me in the head as it fell away from the wall)
The next section was going ok until the very last bit when I pulled it off and exposed 2 large wasp nests.
Now those of you who know me and my history know that wasps have it out for me. Ever since I killed the giant killer wasp that made be stumble in the drive way and break my wrist. It was huge and deadly.
I swung the crowbar at them and jumped off the top of the ladder. I had the sense to jump to the side instead of straight back so I would avoid the cement.
The ladder fell down with a crash, I tucked and rolled as I hit the ground, protecting my wrists of course and popped up ready to fight. Ok I tired to tuck and roll but did more kind of a belly flop on grass.
My brother shouted from around the corner as I lay on the grass playing dead, just in case they were getting ready to attack, to see if I was alright. I said I was.
I asked my dad for some spray, he gave me a can but it didn't seem to work well. I had found 3 more nests over by the wall corner. I then looked at the can, It was for flying insects, flies and mosquito's,
I went into the garage and came back armed with a can of starter fluid spray, my dad is not suppose to have this stuff ever sense he blew up the snow blower and almost burned the garage down. but I know where he hides it.
A few quick bursts and the evil bugs were dead. I was feeling happy as well, kind of light headed you might say.
Well today I am grateful to help my brother but also grateful that whatever angel was assigned to me this morning was not taking a nap or too involved in reading to help my landing go smoothly.

2 comments:

Linder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.