Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is Talking Dead?

Today while driving my Wife was having a conversation with her sister texting. It was slow and frustrating to me to watch. I asked her why she just didn't call her sister and save time and confusion to which she replied. 'Why would I do that?"
REALLY????
I have seen youth texting to each other even though they are sitting at the next table.
I think most kids could have a text only phone if there was such a thing.
I know 19 year old men who go out on a LDS Mission and have to learn how to say hello to someone on a bus or even talk to people.
Is the art of conversation dead?
Maybe it is time to call a break on tech stuff...probably not then I would have to stop typing on my laptop that is hooked to the Internet through a Sprint aircard while watching a large screen tv.
I would also have very little idea what is going on in my Kids life since I usually rely on Facebook to keep me up to date.

Oh well, rebel a little and say hello to a stranger today.

1 comment:

Randall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.