Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shakespeare

Shakespeare has always been a minor delight of mine.
I enjoyed it in High School and really got to know and enjoy it at the UofU. My professor was the standard looking hippie. (This was in the early 80's so a bit out of date). He had a long pony tail down past the middle of his back, wore fade torn Levis, had a moustache to match his hair and a brain that put across the idea of the Bard in a whole new manner for me.
Yesterday Nat, Boo and I went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. It was cute and extremely fun.
I really got a kick out of the one liners thrown in from the Bard's plays as well as the background. Street names, house numbers all seemed to pop out at me and a few times I found that I was the only one laughing. I do not think that is a reflection on education today but more on my mood at the time. (at least I hope so)
I am grateful for a University professor (I took 2 high level Shakespeare classes from him) that taught me to love the Bard and the way he wrote the words.

No comments: