Friday, February 18, 2011

Truth never changes

One of the books that I am reading right now is a collection of Editorials form 1953.
It was written by Elder Mark E Petersen

(see link for more info on this great man) http://lds.org/ensign/1984/03/mark-e-petersen-a-giant-among-men?lang=eng&query=mark+e+petersen)

It is interesting to see how basic truths do not change. They stay true through out the years no matter what.

Some of his ideas on parenting and living the gospel apply today just as much as they did in the 50's.

I got this book from a pile in my dads garage that they were giving to the DI. In the front I see that it was a gift to my dads father.
I am so grateful for a legacy from both sides of my family of a love for good books.
I love to read...see my reading blog as proof if you want.
For this love of reading and the good words I come across, I am grateful.

No comments: