Saturday, February 26, 2011

Alarm Clock inside

So even on the weekends (and vacations) my internal alarm clock goes off and wakes me up. Yesterday I had to run Nats brother in law to the airport and he called it my biological clock, not quite but close.
So here I sit while others sleep and just watching people and thinking.
Life is good. It is really cold right now but still life is good. The world seems to be falling apart but all in all life is great.
Last week a major earthquake hit New Zealand. This prompted some talk among our friends on what would we do if it hit home and I happened to be at work etc.
Well, our plan is simple, head for home no matter where you are. If Nat and Boo are going any great distance I know that they are going.
I work 20 miles away and know that if the big one hits my car will not get very far on the torn up roads. I keep a old pair of shoes and a jacket in the trunk so if I ever have to change and walk I can.
I am grateful for a assurance inside me, (just like my alarm clock I guess) that lets me know we will make it through whatever comes our way.
I still worry a bit especially since the kids are scattered across the valley, but have faith.
Time to do some reading and make use of "Early Rising time."

No comments: