Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cell Phones

I must admit, I am really not quite sure how we ever survived without cell phones. I remember growing up always having change in the car in case you broke down and had to walk to a payphone. (Come to think of it, I remember a lot more pay phones being around then). Anyway, yesterday as Cody was driving to Denver he called to give me an update, it was nice to know everything was ok. Then 30 minutes later he calls upset and very loud saying he blew a tire and what was he going to do! We talked and I was able to at least listen and offer advice even though I was hundreds of miles away. I got another call about 10 last night saying they were just driving into Denver and that he had made it ok.
Being able to call without a second thought or text is really amazing and something most take for granted. Sunday I was on the stand at Church sitting next to a counselor in the Stake Presidency (I am in the Bishopric) when I feel my phone vibrate saying a call was coming in. I hurried and grabbed it out of my holster not wanting the ringer song to start to play. I have it very loud, and the song is seasons of love from the play RENT. Well it was not a call but a text from Randy (my son) sitting in the congregation saying “Pay attention”. I looked up and thought “I have a clear shot at him if I want to throw this at him” but did not.

No comments: