Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cody



Today my 18 year old son is driving to Denver to basically start a new part of his life. I have 3 children from a previous marriage. (Nat and I are trying to add to our family through adoption. See my other blog for more on that) I am close to all 3 of my kids and love them all equally. But today, with Cody leaving he is in my thoughts. I am grateful for the relationship we have. It is based on respect and honesty. I am grateful for sitting on the floor of the family room and sharing fears, tears and just talking about what lies ahead for him. I am grateful for his laugh and smile. Cody, you have all my love and respect. You will do great at what you put your mind and heart too. You are that kind of man and it is an honor to be your dad and have you as my son!

No comments: