Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Literati an ereader

I have thought long and hard on if I wanted to get an iPad. My dilemma, besides the cost, is that I don’t really need it. I love my net book and my itouch and can do everything with those 2 items. The one thing I really would like to use the ipad for is as a ereader. (Now people will say that if I had an ipad I would only have to pack one device…yes I know that)


Well, as we were walking through TJMax the other day I spotted this literati for $59.99. I read the box, looked at it, came back several times while in the store. We then went home. I looked at the reviews on the internet, some good some bad. I talked to Nat about it and she told me to go back and get it if I really wanted. So I did.

I brought it home, charged it up and started the update process. It synched wireless with no problem. I then did several updates that totally changed the look of the screen (for the better)

The controls are small and it took some actual use to get the hang of it.
The color display is nice and the larger screen makes it an easy to read format.
After a few days of using this I can say that I am very happy with my purchase. Here is my thoughts:
Con First-
• Battery life is approx 4 hours
• It does not have a touch screen
• Controls are a small dpad with the page turners on the side(you swipe your finger)
• Sometimes it is slow to respond but not a problem if you remember what you are doing

Pros-
• I love the larger screen
• Color display, will also go night vision white text on black background
• Has SD card slot for more storage
• Books easy to add or delete
• Will read epub, pdf books also converts word docs to it. (Talks for Church)
• With the Kobo bookstore it is easy to get titles for free if not really cheap (New titles are normal price)
• $59.99 compares to $150 for the kindle or higher for Nook or the ipad

Basically it does what it says it does. It is an ereader and that is it.

No comments: