Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shakespeare On my Mind

So I have been having a thought keep running through my head all day. It started last night and has kept up till now. So I guess I better write about it and maybe it will go away.

I even had to pull out one of my old CD's to make sure I was getting the words right.  (This only made it worse since the reading of it on this CD is my favorite one I have ever heard.)
The words are Shakespeare sonnet 29.
I love this one. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have the wonderful life (and wife) I have. The cd I pulled out was from the old TV show Beauty and the Beast with voice work by Ron Perlman (I still love this show and this character) check out the details if you don't remember this: http://www.tv.com/beauty-and-the-beast/show/297/summary.html

Oh well here are the words...Nat you are the one whose "sweet love remember'd" rocks my world.


SONNET 29


When, in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,

I all alone beweep my outcast state

And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries

And look upon myself and curse my fate,

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,

Featured like him, like him with friends possess'd,

Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,

With what I most enjoy contented least;

Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,

Haply I think on thee, and then my state,

Like to the lark at break of day arising

From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;


For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings


That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

William Shakespeare



Got to smile don't yuh
 The reason I have to smile on a daily basis, these two
<----------




My 2 "lil Men"

 and the rest of the bunch.


Sorry Josh and Misty I do not have a good picture of you but I still count you in the reasons my life rocks, (you make perfect spouses to the nuts you are married too.)



The orginal 3 (smile)


2 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.